A WiFi switch can make household activities much easier, as it allows you to turn lights and appliances on and off remotely. However, it can be difficult to choose a specific model due to the large number of options that exist, for this reason, we have selected the best WiFi switches for 2023.
1. Sonoff Switch
This two-channel smart switch is specially designed to control home lights remotely. For this, it has an application called eWeLink, which allows you to turn lamps on and off independently using an Android or iOS smartphone, without any distance limit. In addition, it is possible to use a timer so that the light turns on automatically at a specific time of the day.
For added convenience, it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant, so it is possible to use your voice to turn lamps or other appliances on and off. Also, it allows you to group several devices to start them at the same time with a single touch on the mobile screen, for this reason, some users think that it is the best WiFi switch.
It is important to note that this Sonoff WiFi switch is specially designed to work with a 2.4GHz router. However, the network of the smartphone can be 2G, 3G, 4G, or WiFi.
If you want to know which is the best WiFi switch to control the lights in your home, then it is worth checking out the pros and cons of this product before making a decision:
- Channels: It has two channels, so it allows you to control two lights independently.
- Programmable: Through the eWeLink app, this smart switch is able to turn lights off and on at a set time.
- Assistant: Works with Google Assistant and Alexa to control devices through voice commands.
- Band: Does not work with the 5GHz frequency band, so you must use a 2.4GHz router.
2. Sonoff 4Ch Pro R2 Wifi Smart Wireless Switch
The best WiFi switch of the moment must provide enough versatility and practicality. This is the case of the Sonoff 4CH Pro R2, which has 4 channels to control 4 household electrical devices at the same time and independently. In addition, it allows two remote control options; through the 433 MHz remote control and through the mobile from the eWeLink application.
Thanks to the timer function, it is possible to schedule in advance the automatic switching on and off of certain devices at specific times of the day, even if there are problems with the internet connection, which is very useful to give the feeling that there are people in the room. home while you’re away, avoiding potential intruders.
If you still don’t know which WiFi switch to buy, this model with different operating modes may be of interest to you. Let’s take a detailed look at its pros and cons before making a decision:
- Timer: It is possible to create up to 8 individual timers to automatically turn different devices on and off at specific times.
- Control: Includes a 433 MHz remote control, so you can control devices from a distance if your phone is unloaded.
- Smart: It is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can have a smarter home.
- Design: The external appearance of the switch is unattractive when compared to other devices with a more modern and elegant aesthetic.
3. Konesky Smart Switch Wi-Fi App And Voice Control
This model allows remote control of the lights thanks to the fact that it comes with two switches, a main one that replaces the original switch without the need for a neutral wire since it works with the one you have installed. On the other hand, the secondary switch can be placed anywhere in the house, without the need to drill holes in the wall or carry out complex installations.
This Wi-Fi switch without neutral allows you to control your lights from anywhere with just one touch, as it comes with the eWeLink app, compatible with iOS and Android smartphones, without any distance limit. In this way, you can turn on the light even if you are away from home.
Another benefit of this model is that it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can turn the lights on and off with simple voice commands to enjoy an increasingly smart home environment.
Some users think that this is the best value-for-money WiFi switch on the market today since it is one of the cheapest and yet allows you to modernize your home.
- Control: Allows you to control a light from several mobiles and several lights from a single mobile.
- Installation: A neutral wire is not necessary, thanks to this, the installation is very simple to carry out.
- App: Works with the eWeLink app, which allows you to set timers to automatically turn lights on and off at certain times.
- Manual: It can be difficult to set the switches because the manual is not precise enough.
4. Meross Wi-Fi Wall Switch 1 Way
It has a set of integrated circuits from the Taiwanese brand Mediatek, which allows it to achieve a wide connection range, very useful in large houses where the router is far from the switch. Thanks to this, the disconnection rate is lower compared to other similar devices. Plus it works with both 2.4GHz and dual-band routers for added versatility.
This WiFi light switch allows you to enjoy the Internet of Things since it can be connected to your mobile to activate or deactivate other equipment through the Meross application. It’s also easy to check the status of connected devices to see if they’re off or on, no matter where you are.
Reading Suggestions: How A Solar Generator Works And What Advantages It Offers
As if that were not enough, it allows the manual switching of the lights through its physical switch. Another important feature of this product is that it has European CE and RoHS certifications, so it has not been manufactured with dangerous substances.
The best brand of WiFi switches is one that offers affordable and reliable products, such as the Meross MSS510HEU. However, it is worth reviewing its pros and cons in more detail.
- Safety: It has CE and RoHS certificates, which guarantee the quality of the product and the absence of toxic substances.
- Range: Thanks to the Mediatek Internet of Things chipset, this switch provides a longer WiFi connection range.
- Voice: You can connect it to Alexa or Google Assistant to turn lights on and off using voice commands.
- Wiring: This model requires a neutral wire, so special wiring will be necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How To Use A Wifi Switch?
To control household appliances and lights from your mobile you must download the application indicated by the manufacturer since most switches are exclusively designed to work with a specific program. Next, you should review the instruction manual so that you know how to activate the Wi-Fi network of the switch. In some cases, just pressing a button for 5 seconds is enough to start blinking an LED indicator light.
Then, you can enter the eWeLink application on the mobile to detect the WiFi switch, pressing the + symbol on the screen, to later enter the WiFi network data and thus pair the application with the switch. You must also assign a name to the switch, which can be the room, for example, the living room, kitchen, main room, etc. In the application, you will see how many channels the device has and you can name each lamp.
Q2: How To Install A Wifi Switch?
The mounting of a WiFi switch depends on the characteristics of the device itself and the type of installation you have at home. Usually, traditional houses do not have a neutral wire, but this is essential to connect most smart switches, therefore, the first thing you should do is check this variable. All devices, regardless of the brand, come with an instruction manual for proper installation, so you must read it carefully during the process.
Q3: What Is A Wifi Switch Without Neutral?
To be able to control lights and electrical appliances from a distance, a neutral wire is usually necessary as the power source for WiFi switches, so you must run one from the main register box to the place where you are going to mount the device.
This can be a problem in many houses with traditional switches since this usually involves complex work that requires specialized technical personnel. This is why some manufacturers have created WiFi switches that work without a neutral wire, using the wire that goes to the bulb, however, it is necessary to place a small device that serves as a bridge and allows the switch to stay connected.
Q4: How To Put A Wifi Switch On The Wall?
The easiest way to put the WiFi switch on the wall is by using the old hole where the traditional switch is located. In this case, you must take into account the measurements of the new switch to know if it will be necessary to replace the box.
Usually, some minor construction adjustment is necessary, either to reduce the size of the hole or to increase the space, so that the result is clean since the switches are usually visible and it is convenient to maintain the aesthetics of the wall.