Best Mini PCs – Opinions 2023
If you are wondering which is the best Mini PC, this Mini Tower PC from Intel could be the answer. With the revolution of mobile devices, computers have adapted and compact, and more accessible, and comfortable designs have appeared. Companies have started working on smaller and smaller chips and processors, with less power consumption and better performance. The final result is the Mini Pcs, very compact, versatile computers with great performance, ideal for work, study, and entertainment.
1. Beelink Bt3 Pro Ii Mini Pc Desktop Computer
If you are wondering which is the best Mini PC, this Mini Tower PC from Intel could be the answer. It has a 64-bit and 1.92 GHz quad-core processor compatible with Windows 10.
It has an installation of 4 GB of RAM and a 64 GB system disk, with a capacity extendable to 128 GB via SD card. This Windows Mini PC offers a fast user experience, with performance equal to that of a high-end computer, which will allow you to work and enjoy your leisure time.
It has a dual-band WiFi connection (2.4 and 5.2 G) and Gigabit Ethernet LAN that will allow you to stream audio and video without jerks or jumps since the signal is very stable and fluid. Includes VGA and dual HDMI ports.
- Heat: It has a design that improves ventilation, with more grilles and an internal dust-proof mesh that will prevent the fans from clogging.
- Memory: The storage and the different expansion options of the same, make it a very versatile model.
- Processor: The 1.92 GHz Intel Atom processor, together with the HD Graphics 400 graphics, offers great power and stability.
- Connectors: It only has HDMI connections for video output and many users still use VGA for monitors.
2. Geekom Mini Air 11 Mini Desktop PC
Intel mini PCs are part of the most practical and efficient alternatives within this category, for those looking for a compact computer.
On this occasion, we are facing the Geekom Mini Air 11; a mini PC equipped with an Intel Celeron N5095. This processor offers a speed of 2.9 GHz, being useful for office requirements.
It has 8 GB of RAM memory expandable up to 32 GB in case you need it and it also has a built-in Bluetooth receiver with which you can connect wireless devices such as headphones or mice. It offers Wifi to access the internet, as well as an Intel UHD video card capable of supporting 4K resolution.
On the other hand, its compact design stands out. It has a size of 17.6 x 15.1 x 9.8 centimeters and weighs approximately 1.38 kilograms so it is easy for you to find a place near your monitor.
Below we will present the most notable pros and cons of this Geekom mini PC:
- Processor: The mini PC works with an Intel N5095 processor; Enough for home or office use.
- RAM: It has a total of 8 GB of RAM, but you can increase it to 32 GB.
- Storage: The storage system is in SSD format, guaranteeing stability and speed.
- Video: You can enjoy 4K resolution if you install monitors with this capacity, thanks to its video card.
- Outputs: Although you could use up to 3 monitors from the mini PC, it only offers two video outputs.
3. Lenovo Thinkcentre M93P Mini Pc
If you prefer an i5 mini PC option, you’ll probably want to check out the Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P; a mini PC with good capacity for office work or home consumption.
The equipment has a size of 17.8 x 18.3 x 3.6 centimeters and weighs 1.8 kilograms, to be one of the most compact models on the list. Its casing has good manufacturing finishes and offers multiple ports where you can connect external devices.
Reading Suggestions: 6 Keys To Choose The Best Domain Name
As for its performance, the ThinkCentre M93P offers a high speed of 3.6 GHz together with an Intel Core i5 4570T processor and 8 GB of RAM that, combined, provide performance that lives up to expectations.
Added to this, the mini PC is delivered with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits ready to use and with a 240 GB capacity SSD disk, for storing your files, data, and operating system.
Now let’s review the pros and cons, as Lenovo has what might be the best value for money mini PC:
- Compact: It has small dimensions and a light weight that will allow you to install or transport it easily.
- Processing: The processor reaches a speed of 3.6 GHz, to run applications quickly.
- Connectivity: You can link it without problems to wireless networks since it has Wi-Fi.
- System: The computer ships running Windows 10 Pro at no additional cost.
- Instructions: The mini PC manual is in Italian, but you can find it in Spanish on the Lenovo website.
4. Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny Mini Pc
Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 could be the model you are looking for if you prefer to invest your money in an i7 mini PC.
This alternative, as expected, is equipped with an Intel Core i7-6700T processor, which reaches a speed of 2.8 GHz, so you can carry out multiple tasks without forcing it.
It has 16 GB of RAM memory that guarantees blockage-free operation, as well as a 240 GB SSD disk that will take advantage of the processing capacity to the maximum.
Aesthetically, the mini PC has good finishes, compact dimensions, and weighs approximately 1.92 kilograms. However, what is striking is that its casing has holes to be able to mount the equipment on a VESA support if you wish.
It’s equipped with Wi-Fi in case you want to connect wirelessly to your router, and you’ll receive it running Windows 10 Pro, so you can use it as soon as you turn it on.
If you have doubts and do not know which one to buy, we invite you to take a look at the following pros and cons:
- Processor: It has a 6th Generation Intel i7 processor installed, which is stable and reliable.
- Memory: The equipment has 16 GB of RAM memory with which it can function smoothly.
- SSD: The memory unit is 240 GB and SSD type, to guarantee processing speed.
- Mounting: It is possible to install the mini PC on a VESA mount, in case you want to mount it on the wall.
- Update: Your computer’s processor is not among those supported to run Windows 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How To Use A Mini Pc?
The first step to using a mini PC is to configure all the components, since, although they are usually configured at the factory, it is better to install the manufacturer’s drivers and configure them manually, to make sure that everything works correctly.
The next step will be to install all the programs that you are going to use in your day-to-day and configure them. You can download the programs from their official pages or from the Windows app store, Google Play, or the Apple store, depending on the operating system you are using.
Once installed and configured, you will be able to enjoy your mini PC, whether it is to play, work or study.
Q2: How Powerful Is A Mini Pc?
Generally, these mini PCs have medium power, that is, they are used to perform daily tasks such as work or study, but they are not the best option for gaming. For gaming, the most recommended is a desktop or laptop with more power. However, some NUC models have separate graphics cards and RAM and hard drive slots, making them a good choice for gaming.
Q3: What Is A Passive Mini Pc?
Passive mini PCs are those that do not have a fan on their board. These equipment use passive cooling systems that are usually more powerful and with a greater capacity. These systems offer up to 66% more cooling to the board, allowing faster processors to be handled.
Q4: How To Install Android On A Mini Pc?
To install Android on a mini PC you will need a USB memory to boot the operating system. It is best to use a USB with at least 4 GB of memory. If you have an older operating system installed, make a backup before formatting it.
Download the latest version of Android from their website and use a bootable USB configuration tool like Rufus. With this tool, you can create a bootable USB disk. Boot the mini PC from the USB, for this you must enter the BIOS and select the USB as the boot system. Newer models will find the USB and boot directly from the drive.
Reboot and the installation process will begin. You will be asked if you want to run the Live CD (the installation) or if you want to install it. If you just want to test, run the Live CD, if you’re sure, select the second option and wait for the installation to finish.
Once the installation process is complete, the Android settings menu will appear. Establish the WiFi connection, and the email account and make all the necessary settings. Congratulations, you now have Android installed on your mini PC.
Q5: How To Cool A Mini Pc?
When cooling a PC there are several factors that you must take into account. The first factor is design. Mini PCs have a compact design, so the interior parts are closer to each other, which increases the interior temperature and reduces the cooling efficiency. This equipment usually has a series of slots and holes in the casing, to facilitate the passage of air.
The best thing you can do to keep them from getting hot is to always keep them in a space with air passage, one meter or more from all the walls. Whenever possible, do not keep it in closets or enclosed spaces. You should also watch its use, since if you use it continuously, it will get hotter.
Q6: How To Make A Mini Pc?
Mini PCs use small power supplies, usually less than 100 watts, so all connected parts must be compatible and low power.
You should look for pieces that do not require a lot of space since the case will be small. Select a hard drive or SD card, RAM memory, and a motherboard that fits the size and needs you are looking for.