Best Digitizer Tablets – Opinions 2023
Now, in the following space, you will find some of the best digitizing pen tablets, where we will thoroughly analyze their most outstanding features, as well as mention the pros and cons. In such a way, it will be easier for you to choose a model that meets your expectations.
1. Wacom Intuos S Portable Graphics Tablet
When talking about what could be the best pen tablet, Wacom’s Intuos S mostly comes up, since it’s meant for designers to digitize their ideas without any hassle.
Presented with a simple appearance, this Wacom pen tablet has dimensions of 16 x 20 centimeters and an action area of 15.2 x 9.5 centimeters, so its size is quite compact so that you can take it with you anywhere.
Additionally, this model has 4096 pressure levels, which means that you will be able to make your designs fluidly. In addition to this, the pencil has 2 configurable buttons and 0.25 mm digital tolerance, as well as 7 mm in writing height, so you can make strokes as if you were using a graphite one.
On the other hand, the connection system is via USB and is 100% compatible with Windows and MacOS.
If you are in search of what could be the best digitizing tablet of the moment, we invite you to evaluate what the Wacom Intuos S offers.
- Configurable: Both the pen and the tablet have configurable buttons so you don’t waste time switching between functions.
- Dimensions: It has a size of 16 x 20 centimeters which will allow you to take it with you anywhere.
- Pressure: Its 4096 levels of pressure will help you make your drawings accurately.
- Compatibility: You will not have compatibility problems, since you can use it on Windows or Mac.
- Bluetooth: It does not include Bluetooth, but you have the possibility to invest a little more and opt for the version that does come with it.
- Requirements: Although it is compatible with Windows, some older operating systems do not detect the device.
2. Wacom Intuos Pro S Professional Tablet With Pen
When talking about the best digitizing tablets of 2023, the Intuos Pro S comes up, since it has more advanced features than other models. Being ideal for users who want to experience more quality.
Winner of the Red Dot 2019 Best Design Award, this Wacom pen tablet has dimensions of 26.9 x 17 x 0.8 centimeters and an active area of 16 x 10 centimeters so you can make your strokes without having to worry about space. It also has 6 configurable buttons that, if you use them with multi-touch, you can enjoy fluidity when designing.
On the other hand, it should also be noted that this tablet includes a digital pen with additional tips so you don’t have to spend on replacement tips.
In addition to this, in terms of the connection system, this is by Bluetooth; being a feature that will avoid the use of cables so that you can design comfortably.
If you’re looking for opinions as to what might be the best brand of pen tablets, Wacom mostly comes up. Therefore, here we mention the highlights of the Intuos Pro S model.
- Pressure: It has 8192 pressure levels that will allow you to make strokes in an efficient and fluid way.
- Connection: It has Bluetooth so you can avoid the use of cables and make your designs in the position that you feel most comfortable.
- Compatibility: You can use this pen tablet with Windows and Mac computers without having to worry about compatibility issues.
- Wear: The surface texture of the tablet is rough, which causes wear on the tips.
- Programs: In some cases, the system hangs while using Adobe Photoshop, which causes wasted time.
3. Wacom Cintiq 16 Interactive Display And Pen
This Wacom model has also given a lot to talk about in the digital tablet market since the dimensions of its monitor and its precision will allow you to make designs like a professional.
On this occasion, Wacom presents another of its popular models of the moment that has a 16-inch Full HD LCD screen, which will allow you to view your designs with good levels of clarity. In addition to this, it has 16.7 million colors, which will allow you to make almost infinite combinations and enjoy unique designs.
Also, another outstanding aspect of this Wacom digitizing tablet is that it has 8192 pressure points so that you can enjoy making fluid strokes as if you were drawing on a sheet of paper.
On the other hand, the digital pen does not use batteries and has EMR technology, which helps it detect when you do any inclination so that you have strokes like a professional.
Although it is not one of the cheapest pen tablets, it has high-quality features that will allow you to make your designs with versatility and fluency in its large action space. Below, we present its pros and cons.
- Pressure: Its 8,192 pressure points will allow you to enjoy fluid strokes.
- Resolution: The screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1080p so that you can visualize your designs with vivid and sharp colors.
- Pen: The digital pen is battery-free, giving you more freedom when drawing, editing, or designing.
- Noise: When using the pen on the screen, it emits a sound that can be a bit annoying.
- Screen: This is very easily scratched, so we recommend that you put a protector on it.
4. Xp Pen Artist 12 Hd Ips Digital Drawing Graphics Pen Tablet
Xp-Pen presents us with a digital tablet with an 11.6-inch HD screen so that you can make your designs without having problems with space and thus see the lines you make with good resolution and clarity. In addition to this, it has a sheet that will protect it from scratches, as well as your view of the shine. It also has 266 RPS, which makes it sensitive to touch so you can make smooth and precise strokes. As for the pressure points, there are 8192 in total, which will allow you to enjoy good levels of fluidity.
Additionally, it has 6 fully configurable action buttons so you can enjoy shortcuts and don’t have to waste time using the mouse. In addition, between them, there is a touch panel that will allow you to zoom in or configure it as a cursor.
On the other hand, the pencil is hexagonal, does not require batteries, and has a non-slip system to avoid mistakes when drawing.
If you take into account the aspects that we mentioned in the buying guide, you will be able to determine which pen tablet to buy. Therefore, we invite you to evaluate what this Xp-Pen model can offer you.
- Screen: Its 11.6-inch HD screen will allow you to illustrate with clarity and vivid colors.
- Pencil: The anti-slip system of the digital pen will prevent any slippage and its hexagonal design will provide you with a comfortable grip.
- Keys: Its 6 configurable keys will help you not waste time looking for each function on the computer.
- Drivers: Although it is compatible with Windows operating systems if the drivers are not updated correctly, the computer may not detect the tablet.
- Manuals: Installation manuals do not come in Spanish, which complicates this process.
5. Huion Kamvas Pro 13 Screen Graphics Pen Tablet
If so far you have difficulties identifying which is the best digitizing pen tablet in this comparison, you have to look at the action dimensions, configurable buttons, and compatibility.
Reading Suggestions: Best Satellite Dish Kits Of 2023
On this occasion, Huion brings us one of its outstanding digitizing tablets on the market, the Kamvas Pro 13. This has a 13.3-inch screen with a color palette of more than 16.7 million shades, which will allow enjoy good levels of sharpness and graphic precision. In addition, it has 8192 pressure levels so that you feel fluidity when drawing or editing.
On the other hand, it should also be noted that it has 4 configurable buttons and a touch bar that will allow you to get the most out of your design programs.
Additionally, this pen tablet with a screen includes a digital pen that does not require a battery and has technology that recognizes the inclination of the pen, so you will not have problems when drawing at various angles.
Huion is another of the brands specializing in making quality digitizing cards, so if you are looking for a product that has good features, we invite you to evaluate the pros and cons of the Kamvas Pro 13.
- Screen: The 13.3-inch screen has a sheet that will protect it from scratches and prevent excess lighting.
- Pressure: Its 8192 pressure levels will allow you to draw with enough fluidity.
- Compatibility: It is easy to install and 100% compatible with Windows and MacOS computers.
- Colors: The precision of the colors is not the most optimal, so there may be a small variation with that of the computer.
- Borders: The screen has thick borders that do not serve any function.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How To Use A Pen Tablet?
First, you must install the drivers to avoid compatibility problems. When you’re done, connect your pen tablet to your computer using whatever connection it has, be it USB, HDMI, or Wi-Fi.
Next step, download the brand’s program from the official page so that you can configure the tablet for its first use, and make sure to check the option to save changes so that they remain that way when you disconnect, go to sleep, or turn off the digitizing tablet. Then, calibrate the pen pressure levels and charms. Open a new project and start illustrating.
Q2: How To Use A Tablet As A Pen Tablet?
There are models of digitizing tablets that, no matter how many times they specify that they are one, have more Tablet features. However, they are designed to fulfill both functions without any problem, but if you have your tablet at home and want to turn it into a pen tablet, you must first take into account that it must have a Quad Core processor of 1.3 GHz or higher, as well as more than 2 GB of RAM memory and 32 GB of storage with the possibility of expanding it, since this way you will be able to store your illustrations and run the applications without any problem.
Now, so that you don’t have any problems, we recommend you factory format your Tablet, since this way you will have more storage available and you will be able to do a clean installation.
When you’re done doing it and setting it up with the pencil, go to the Play Store and download any design program you want so you can start illustrating.
Q3: How To Set Up A Pen Tablet?
Most pen tablets come with a USB, HDMI, or Bluetooth cable, so when you establish a connection with your computer, it will start updating its drivers to proceed with the installation of the device.
However, there are models in which you must download the program or the drivers from the manufacturer’s official website since some operating systems do not have automatic support. So, after having completed the installation, run the official program so you can watch a little tutorial that will help you learn what you didn’t know. In addition, we recommend that you have the user manual at hand and follow the manufacturer’s instructions so that you do not make any mistakes.
Q4: How To Install A Wacom Pen Tablet?
The installation process of a Wacom pen tablet is very easy since it will not take more than 10 minutes, as long as you have an active and good-speed internet connection.
First, download the drivers for your device model from the official Wacom website and install them. Then, connect the tablet to your computer via the USB, HDMI, or Wi-Fi port to start recognizing it.
Q5: What Kind Of Peripheral Is The Pen Tablet?
Digitizer tablets are input peripherals that are inspired by a keyboard or typewriter, since they provide a direct connection to the computer, have smooth surfaces, and various levels of pressure that allow strokes to be displayed on the computer. Being very useful devices to make digital and 100% original designs.